I love eating pancakes. They are one if my favorite breakfast to eat. I make this Vegan Whole Wheat pancakes very often during the weekend and my family enjoys eating it. The great thing about making this Vegan Whole Wheat pancakes is that they can prepared within 30 minutes with all the basic ingredients which we mostly have in our pantry. To make this pancakes healthy, I am using whole wheat flour which is higher in nutrition compared to regular all purpose flour.
This Vegan Whole Wheat pancakes are very fluffy and soft. I love making this pancakes for my friends as well. I will make mini pancakes and we all love to enjoy them with fresh fruits and maple syrup. I like to enjoy this Vegan Whole Wheat pancakes with coffee as well. Thats my favorite combination.
Making this Vegan Whole Wheat pancakes is quite simple and quick. I love that I can whip up the batter just using one bowl. First I start with mixing all the dry ingredients and then mix the wet ingredients. I love to enjoy this Vegan Whole Wheat pancakes with fresh fruit, drizzle of maple syrup and freshly brewed coffee. But there are so many other topping options like whipped cream, chocolate chips, toasted coconut or any nut butter.
This Vegan Whole Wheat pancakes recipe is also very customizable. You can use this recipe as a base and then add any other flavor in the batter like any fresh fruit or even chocolate chips. For the gluten free version, you can use gluten free flour instead of whole wheat flour.
Vegan Whole Wheat Pancakes Recipe
- 1 Cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Cup almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Step 1 In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Step 2 Now add the wet ingredients, vanilla extract, almond milk and oil. You can use any oil of your choice or even butter.
- Step 3 Mix everything nicely. Do not over mix the batter and let it sit for 2 minutes.
- Step 4 In the meantime, heat a skillet over low-medium heat and apply oil or butter.
- Step 5 Pour about a quarter cup of batter for small size pancakes.
- Step 6 Cook until small bubbles are visible on top of pancakes and then gently flip and cook on the other side.