Chocolate muffins are great homemade muffins made with healthy and clean ingredients. Perfect for the people having sweet tooth and also do not want to eat store bough muffins which are made with all purpose flour and are loaded with sugar and butter. These chocolate muffins are moist, chocolatey, tasty and healthy, perfect for morning breakfast or evening snack. I love to enjoy these muffins with a lovely coffee. These chocolate muffins are vegan but can be made be gluten free flour as well.
I loved eating chocolate since childhood. I remember my dad always used to bring chocolate cake for my birthday and this muffins brings back so many sweet memories for me. Now I am married and my husband loves eating chocolate too. These chocolate muffins are our all time family favorite to make all the time. And the addition of the chocolate chips makes them extra delicious and tasty.
To make the batter for these chocolate muffins, I have used whole wheat flour which is higher in nutrients compare to the regular all purpose flour. I have used organic raw cane sugar but there are many other options like turbinado sugar or coconut sugar. You can even use liquid sweetener of your choice. If you use liquid sweetener, then reduce the amount of milk mentioned in the recipe. For the vegan option, make use to use vegan chocolate chips. For the fat option, use any flavorless oil. You can even use butter if you like.
Vegan Chocolate Muffins Recipe
- 1 Cup Whole wheat flour
- ½Teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking soda
- ⅛ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa powder
- ¼ Cup Flavorless Oil
- ½ Cup sugar
- ½-¾ Cup Almond Milk
- ¼ Cup vegan chocolate chips
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Step 2 In a bowl sieve flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Mix well.
- Step 3 Then add oil, almond milk, chocolate chips and combine well. Do not over mix the batter
- Step 4 Grease muffin tin with oil or add muffin liner and add muffin batter and some chocolate chips.
- Step 5 Bake for 15-18 minutes.