Banana Muffins, a perfect way to start morning for the people having sweet tooth. These vegan banana muffins are moist, soft and healthy. These muffins are very simple and easy to make and can be prepared within 30 minutes. The banana muffins also happens to be vegan. For the gluten free version, use gluten free all purpose flour.
These vegan banana muffins are great to make for breakfast to enjoy it with a cup of coffee or even as evening snack. I love to make these muffins when I go for trip. Its a healthy and filing snack for the road trip.
To prepare the vegan banana muffins, start my mashing the banana. To mash the banana, you can use for or even potato masher. Then add oil, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Mix everything well. Now add the dry ingredients and mix everything. Do not over mix the batter. Also the batter should be little thick. I love to add chopped walnuts in the batter as well. Walnut does add nice crunch and also heathy fats.
The good thing about making this vegan banana muffins is that they are made with whole wheat flour which is healthier compared to white or all-purpose flour. Also when you make muffins at home, you can control the amount of oil and sugar going into the muffins. And if the banana is very ripe, then its also quite sweet, so you need to add less sugar. Also instead of butter or margarine, I am using olive oil which is low in saturated fat.
Vegan Banana Muffins Recipe
- 1 Cup whole wheat flour
- ½ Teaspoon baking powder
- ½ Teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ Cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 Large banana
- ½ Cup Almond milk
- ¼ Cup chopped walnut
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Step 2 Mash banana in a bowl. Add oil, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
- Step 3 To the same bowl, add whole wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix with the banana mixture.
- Step 4 Now add almond milk, chopped walnut and mix everything well, do not over mix the batter. Keep the batter on the thicker side.
- Step 5 Grease the muffin tin with oil or add muffin lines and add muffin batter.
- Step 6 Bake banana muffins for 15-18 minutes.