I love eating sandwiches for any meal of the day. What I like about them is that they are very filling and also customizable. I love to load my sandwiches with lots of different veggies. So today I am sharing one of my favorite sandwich recipe which is Spinach and corn sandwich. This sandwich recipe can be made vegan using vegan ingredients and also gluten free by using gluten free bread.
I love to enjoy this spinach and corn sandwich at any time of the day. It is simple and easy to make and also it taste very delicious. It packed with all good veggies and I use whole wheat bread to make it more nutritious.
To get started on this delicious spinach and corn sandwich, chop the onion and tomato and finely dice garlic. For spinach, if you are using baby spinach then you can keep it as it is or you can even roughly chop it. I have not used any other veggies here, but you can totally add finely chopped bell pepper, green peas, mushroom or any other veggies of your choice is you wish.
This spinach and corn sandwich is our family favorite. I make it quite often and everyone in the family enjoys eating it. I toasted this sandwich over the stove on skillet. But you can also use sandwich maker or sandwich griller machine. I got my skillet and my sandwich maker from kohls. I must say that I am quite happy with the quality of the products.
You can enjoy this delicious Spinach and corn sandwich with ketchup or any of your favorite dipping sauce. In this recipe I have used whole wheat bread but you can easily use gluten free bread to make the gluten free version. Also I have used cheese in this recipe. To veganize this recipe, you can use vegan cheese or if you wish to omit the cheese then also it will taste quite good. You can find my other sandwich recipes here – Sandwich recipes.
Spinach and corn Sandwich Recipe
- 1 Teaspoon oil
- ½ Cup onion finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, grated
- 1 Medium tomato finely chopped
- ½ Cup corn
- 1 Cup spinach
- ½ Teaspoon oregano
- ½ Teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- Chipotle mayo to spread on bread (use whatever is easily available)
- 2 Cheese slices (Use vegan cheese if required)
- 4 Slices of whole wheat bread (Use gluten free bread if required)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 Heat a non stick pan (if available) over medium heat. Add oil and sauté onion, garlic for 4-5 minutes.
- Step 2 Add chopped tomatoes and sauté it for 4-5 minutes.
- Step 3 I am using frozen corn, so I microwaved the corn for one minute before adding. If you are using fresh corn, then boil the corn to cook it and then add corn to the mixture.
- Step 4 Add chopped spinach, corn and all the spices and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Step 5 Now take 2 slices of bread. On one, spread the chipotle mayo and then add the prepared mixture and the cheese slice. Cover this with another bread slice and press gently.
- Step 6 Roast the sandwich with little oil if desired. Cut the sandwich in half, serve and enjoy!