Thanksgiving is right around the corner and I love to make healthy vegan, vegetarian and gluten free dishes for my family. This Roasted Carrots are so simple, quick and easy to make. And it is great as a side dish along with any meal.
I have roasted carrots with olive oil, salt and pepper, but you can add all your favorite seasoning. Sometimes I like to add curry powder as well and it taste really nice. I topped this roasted carrots with chopped cilantro. But they will also taste great with a drizzle of maple syrup and some lime juice.
Roasted Carrot Recipe
- 1 lbs carrots
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper
- Cliantro for garnish
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 375°F or 190°C
- Step 2 Trim the stems from the carrots and wash them thoroughly, you can leave the peel on or remove. Pat the carrots dry with a clean kitchen towel or paper towel.
- Step 3 Cut the carrots in halves or lengthwise. Add the carrot halves in a mixing bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place the sliced carrots on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Step 4 Roast the carrots, flipping them halfway through, until they are just fork tender, roughly 18 to 24 minutes depending on the thickness of your carrots.
- Step 5 Sprinkle them with chopped cilantro and enjoy!