Hi guys, today I am sharing a recipe for easy and simple Classic and Strawberry Lemonade. These drinks are perfect to beat the summer heat and are so much better than the store bought sugary drinks. And the best part about this recipe is that you only need 3 ingredients to prepare classic lemonade and 4 ingredients to prepare the strawberry lemonade.
To prepare this refreshing summer drinks, first we will make the simple syrup. Simple syrup is a mixture of one part water to one part sugar. We are making the simple syrup to make a smooth texture in our lemonade so that there is no graininess from the undissolved sugar. To prepare the simple syrup, add water and sugar to a sauce pan and then simmer the mixture until sugar dissolves. We do not have to boil the mixture.
After the simple syrup is made, we need to juice the lemons. I used my handy hand held lemon juicer but you can use any citrus juicer of your choice. I like to use about 2/3 cup of lemon juice of 1/2 cup of simple syrup. This ratio works great for me in the classic lemonade recipe. But you can totally adjust the recipe based on your taste.
Once we have the classic lemonade ready, preparing strawberry lemonade is so easy. What we need is a cup of fresh strawberry and then we need to pure it. I like smooth lemonade so I strained the strawberry puree if you prefer chunky lemonade, then you can skip the straining part. Now in a glass over some ice, add one part of strawberry puree and then two parts of classic lemonade. After tasting, if the strawberry lemonade is too sour, add extra sweetener of choice, this can happen if strawberry are sour sometimes.
Classic and Strawberry Lemonade
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 2/3 Cup lemon juice
- 1 Cup strawberry
- 4 1/2 Cups water
- Step 1 First lets prepare simple syrup.
- Step 2 Mix ½ Cup sugar and ½ cup water in sauce pan.
- Step 3 Cook on medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Step 4 Cool it completely.
- Step 5 Juice the lemons we need ⅔ cup lemon juice.
- Step 6 In a glass jar or pitcher, mix simple syrup, lemon juice and 4 cups of water.
- Step 7 Pour this mixture over ice and classic lemonade is ready to enjoy.
- Step 8 For the strawberry lemonade, Puree the strawberry and strain it.
- Step 9 In a glass, over some ice, pour one part of strawberry puree and 2 parts of classic lemonade.
- Step 10 And the strawberry lemonade is ready to enjoy.