Hi guys, today I am sharing a recipe that I prepared using a meal kit delivery service name Hello Fresh. I was planning to try meal kit delivery service for a while since it will save my shopping time and also I will get to try new recipes. The Pasta parmesan bake recipe is very simple and easy to make and you can prepare the dish within 30-40 minutes. This recipe is vegetarian but can can definitely use vegan cheese instead of regular cheese to veganize the dish.
The good thing about using the meal kit delivery service is that everything come pre-portioned. And they send recipe cards with simple and easy steps with pictures so that its easy to understand and follow. I just used zucchini as vegetable which came in the box with the recipe but you can use other veggies of your choice too. You can add bell peppers, may be lentils in the marinara sauce to increase volume and also protein content in the recipe.
Pasta in tomato sauce is an amazing dinner or lunch. This penne pasta bake in marinara sauce with zucchini, Tuscan herbs and spices with a cheesy breadcrumb crust is perfect lunch or dinner. We just have to mix everything and bake it in the oven.
Pasta Parmesan Bake Recipe
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Yellow onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 4 Ounces of fresh Mozzarella
- 6 Ounce whole Penne Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon Tuscan Heat Spice
- 14 Ounce Marinara Sauce
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 Teaspoons Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 Heat broiler to high. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Step 2 Wash and dry all produce. Chop onion and zucchini. Mince or grate garlic. Cut mozzarella into ½-inch cubes.
- Step 3 Once water is boiling, add penne to pot. Cook until al dente, 9-11 minutes. Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water, then drain.
- Step 4 Meanwhile, heat a large pan with 2 Teaspoons oil. Add zucchini and onion, cook, stirring, until just browned, 4-6 minutes. Stir in garlic, and half the Tuscan Heat Spice (you’ll use the rest later). Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 5 Add marinara sauce, penne, remaining Tuscan Heat Spice, and reserved pasta cooking water to pan with veggies
- Step 6 Stir to combine. Let simmer until warmed through, 3-4 minutes. Stir in half the Parmesan (you’ll use the rest later). Season with plenty of salt and pepper. TIP: If your pan is not ovenproof, transfer pasta now to a baking dish.
- Step 7 In a small bowl, stir together panko, remaining Parmesan, and a small drizzle of olive oil. Top pasta with mozzarella, then panko mixture.
- Step 8 Transfer pasta to top rack and broil until panko is golden brown, sauce is bubbly, and cheese has melted, 5-7 minutes. (TIP: Watch carefully to avoid burning.) Let cool slightly, then divide between plates or bowls and serve.