I love eating salads as a side dish or sometimes even as a main course when I am less hungry or I need something light and refreshing. Salads are made with whole natural ingredients and that’s why they are very good for you. But make sure you don’t use any sugary readymade dressing. This Orange Salad with Apple & Cranberries, is sweet, tangy and very refreshing. Perfect for upcoming summer. Great as a side side or even as a meal. I have paired this Orange Salad with Apple & Cranberries with sweet and tangy orange dressing. To add extra crunch to the salad, I have topped it with slivered almonds.
The preparation of this Orange Salad with Apple & Cranberries is very easy. No cooking is required. Also it is totally customizable. I have used slivered almonds, but you can use any nut of your choice. Instead of cranberries, you can use raisins too. It takes only 30 minutes to prepare the salad. The main process involved in making Orange Salad with Apple & Cranberries is chopping. You have to chop the green leafy vegetables, apple and oranges. And once that is done, just pour the dressing over and enjoy this delicious and refreshing salad.
Orange Salad with Apple & Cranberries Recipe
- 4 Cups chopped greens(lettuce, spinach)
- 1 Cup grated carrot
- 1 Cup grated purple cabbage
- 2 Apples chopped
- 2 Oranges peeled and chopped
- ½ Cup slivered almonds
- ½ Cup dried cranberries
- Juice and zest of one large orange
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon liquid sweetener
- 1 Teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 First lets do all the chopping work, so chop all your greens, I have used a combination of romaine lettuce and spinach.
- Step 2 Grate carrot and purple cabbage. Chopped apple and oranges.
- Step 3 For dressing, we are using freshly squeezed orange juice and its zest. Make sure to wash your orange properly. Whisk all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Step 4 For assembling salad, In a large bowl add chopped greens, apple, oranges, grated cabbage and carrot.
- Step 5 Top it with slivered almonds and dried cranberries. Pour the dressing and toss everyone together.