Last month we went for brunch with our friends and there we had delicious sandwich which consisted of caramelized onion, sautéed mushroom and goat cheese. So I thought of recreating the same sandwich, with a healthier touch. So make this sandwich healthy, I have used whole grain bread instead of regular white bread, also added some spinach which enhances the taste and a great way to eat more veggies.
These vegan mushroom onion And spinach sandwich came out so good at home. So I thought of sharing this recipe with you all. This vegan mushroom sandwich is healthy and tasty. This sandwich is vegan and can be gluten-free if you use gluten-free bread. Great for kids and office lunch boxes. Along with veggies, I am also using cheese which makes this sandwich super yummy. You can skip using cheese if you want to.
I love eating sandwiches for any time of the day, the best part about them is they are super filing and always customizable. This vegan mushroom sandwich can be made within 30 minutes, so it is perfect for weeknight dinner and also for the day when you do not want to spend too much time in the kitchen and still want to eat something filing, healthy and tasty. In this vegan mushroom sandwich, I am using onion, mushroom and spinach, but there are many other things that can be added to the filing mixture. The options for the sandwich filing are boiled corn, grated tofu or chopped tomatoes .
Preparing vegan mushroom sandwich is very simple. Start by chopping all the veggies and the sauce inion and mushroom. If you are using baby spinach then you can skip the chopping, but if you are using spinach leaves which are bigger in size you can chop them into small size. You can even add balsamic vinegar to the mixture, it gives good caramelized flavor.
Vegan Mushroom Onion And Spinach Sandwich Recipe
- 1 Medium onion
- 3-4 Garlic cloves, grated
- 2 Cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 Cups Spinach
- 2 Teaspoons oil
- ½ Teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded Cheese (Use vegan if required)
- Whole grain bread (Use Gluten free if required)
- Step 1 Chop onion, mushroom, spinach and grate garlic.
- Step 2 Heat oil in large frying pan and add onion, garlic, and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Step 3 Add sliced mushroom and cook until soft about 5-7 minutes.
- Step 4 Now add chopped spinach and all the seasoning, salt, pepper and oregano. Cook the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Step 5 Mushroom does release water while cooking. To dry out the water on cook the mixture on medium-high flame for couple of minutes.
- Step 6 Spread the mixture on one slice of bread, then add cheese. Close it with second bread.
- Step 7 Toast this sandwich over the stove on a non-stick skillet. You can use sandwich maker or panini maker as well.
- Step 8 You can spread mayo on bread as well.