Valentine’s day is just around the corner and this vegan red velvet waffle is perfect to surprise your loved one. This vegan red velvet waffle is quick, simple and easy to make. It is a one bowl vegan red velvet waffles. For making the waffle first I have mixed the batter in a bowl and then cooked the waffles in a waffle maker. This waffle batter can also be used to make red velvet pancakes. But I love the texture of waffle more. So I decided to make for for lunch on valentine’s day.
For this quick 20-minute vegan red velvet waffle, I have used whole wheat flour which is very healthy then the traditional all purpose flour. It has more fiber and nutrients. Also, instead of butter I have used coconut oil. This recipe can also be made gluten free by using gluten-free flour instead of wheat flour. For sweetness, you can use any sugar like cane sugar, turbinado sugar or coconut sugar. You can also use any zero-calorie sweetener, but always substitution instruction on the package before using it. Here I have used liquid sweetener. Use your favourite sweetener.
Vegan Red Velvet Waffles Recipe
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons liquid sweetener
- ⅛ Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 Cup milk (for vegan option use non-dairy milk)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa powder
- 4-6 Drops of red food color
- Step 1 In a large bowl, add whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder and mix together.
- Step 2 In another bowl, mix all the wet ingredients, coconut oil, sweetener, milk, food color and vanilla extract together with a whisk.
- Step 3 Mix the wet and dry ingredients until they are just mixed. Don’t over mix them.
- Step 4 If the batter is too thick, then you need to add a little more milk or water. Batter shouldn’t be very thin, it should be nice pouring consistency.
- Step 5 Brush the pre-heated waffle iron with melted coconut oil or you can use non-stick cooking spray as well. Pour the batter right into the centre of the waffle iron, evenly distributing the batter at the sides. Cook the waffles until done.
- Step 6 You can enjoy waffles with jam, fresh fruits, maple syrup, whipped cream or nut and seed butters.