Kidney beans are great source of plant based protein. They are high in complex carbs and fiber and low in fat. This soup is a tasty way to enjoy kidney beans. It has simple flavours, which can be easily customized to suit your taste buds. I have used carrots along with kidney beans which gives soup a good flavour. This soup is warm and comforting, perfect for winters.
Kidney Bean Soup Recipe
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 1 Medium carrot, chopped
- 2 Medium cloves garlic, grated
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato paste or ½ Cup Tomato puree
- 1 Teaspoon Ground cumin
- 2 Teaspoons Red chilli powder
- 1 Teaspoon Dried oregano
- 2 Cups Cooked red kidney beans
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Teaspoons Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 Heat oil in medium-sized soup pot. Sauté onion over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until translucent. Add garlic, carrots, tomato paste, and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Step 2 Add water, kidney beans, and spices. Bring to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for another 15-20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Step 3 Add the lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 4 Blend soup. Be careful to start blender on low speed so hot soup does not erupt and burn you. And make sure you don’t fill blender more than half full.
- Step 5 Pour into serving bowls and enjoy!