For someone like me who is fan of cookies but afraid of eating them because of gaining extra pounds, well no worries. This recipe is for you. These healthier oatmeal cookies have NO refined sugar, NO white flour, and only 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in the whole batch! They are the perfect way to satisfy your mad cookie cravings.
Honey Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
August 2, 2017
: 10 min
: 15 min
: 25 min
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut oil
- ¼ Cup Honey
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons Milk
- ½ Cup Whole wheat flour
- ½ Cup Oats
- 2 Tablespoons Dark chocolate chips
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Step 2 In a bowl take all the wet ingredients – oil, honey and vanilla extract.
- Step 3 Directly sieve whole wheat flour/atta, baking powder and a pinch of salt into the wet mixture.
- Step 4 Add Oats and chocolate chips.
- Step 5 Mix everything first with a spatula. Add milk one tablespoon at a time and mix.
- Step 6 Then gently gather the whole mixture and form a dough, don’t knead the mixture. The dough is slightly sticky.
- Step 7 If the dough feels very sticky, then add few tbsp of flour and mix again. If dry, then add a few tbsp of milk.
- Step 8 Make small or medium sized balls of the dough and flatten them a bit. These cookies don’t flatten too much.
- Step 9 Place cookies on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 10 Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or till the cookies are golden.
- Step 11 Remove from the oven and place them on a wired rack.
- Step 12 Once cooled, serve them immediately or store in an air tight jar or box.
How many cookies does it make?
Tried and loved it.