Hi guys, today I am sharing a recipe that I prepared using a meal kit delivery service name Hello Fresh. I was planning to try meal kit delivery service for a while since it will save my shopping time and also I will get to try new recipes. The Grilled Cheese & Veggie Jumble recipe is very simple and easy to make and you can prepare the dish within 30-40 minutes. This recipe is vegetarian.
The good thing about using the meal kit delivery service is that everything come pre-portioned. And they send recipe cards with simple and easy steps with pictures so that its easy to understand and follow. In the box, there were only sweet potato, tomato, onion and avocado as veggies. The good thing about this recipe is that you can customize based on your preference. I added carrot and tofu along with the other veggies. Adding tofu will increase the protein content of this dish.
This is my first time working with grilled cheese and I absolutely loved the taste of it. Its not very complicated to use and it tastes delicious. This dish is great for lunch or dinner. Very simple, quick and easy to make. This dish is also very healthy and its full of good veggies and healthy fats from avocado.
Grilled Cheese & Veggie Jumble
- 2 Sweet Potato
- 1 Large tomato
- 2 Clove Garlic
- 12-15 Baby carrots or 1 Large carrot
- 1 Avocado
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Red Onion
- ¼ ounce Cilantro
- 1 Lemon
- 8 ounce Grilling Cheese
- ½ Cup cubed firm tofu
- 5 Teaspoons oil
- Salt, pepper and chilli power or paprika to taste
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. Peel and dice sweet potatoes, baby carrots and firm tofu into ½ inch pieces. Halve, peel, and cut onion into ½ inch-thick wedges.
- Step 2 Toss veggies and tofu on a baking sheet with 2 teaspoons of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast on middle rack, tossing halfway through, until browned and tender, 25-30 minutes.
- Step 3 Meanwhile, chop tomatoes. Finely chop cilantro leaves and stems. Mince garlic. Halve lemon. Halve, pit, peel, and dice avocado.
- Step 4 In a small bowl, combine cilantro, cumin powder, a pinch of garlic, and a pinch of chili to taste. Stir in a squeeze of lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of oil. Season with salt, pepper, and more garlic and chili if desired. TIP: Add more lemon juice and olive oil as needed until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency.
- Step 5 Cut half the grilling cheese into ⅓ inch-thick slices. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium high heat. Add grilling cheese and cook until browned, 1-2 minutes per side.
- Step 6 Divide the roasted veggies and tofu between plates and top with grilling cheese. Drizzle with chimichurri and serve.