Black bean soup is very simple and easy to make and it is super filling too. This black bean soup is vegan and gluten free. It is high in plant based protein from the beans and low in fat.
This soup is a tasty way to enjoy black beans. It has simple flavours, which can be easily customized to suit your taste buds. I have used carrots along with kidney beans which gives soup a good flavour. This soup is warm and comforting, perfect for winters.
BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPE
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 1 Medium carrot, chopped
- 2 Medium cloves garlic, grated
- 1 Teaspoon Ground cumin
- 2 Teaspoons Red chilli powder
- 1 Teaspoon Dried oregano
- 2 Cups Cooked black beans
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Teaspoons Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 Heat oil in medium-sized soup pot. Sauté onion over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until translucent. Add garlic, carrots, and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Step 2 Add water, black beans, and spices. Bring to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for another 15-20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Step 3 Add the lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 4 Blend soup. Be careful to start blender on low speed so hot soup does not erupt and burn you. And make sure you don’t fill blender more than half full.
- Step 5 Pour into serving bowls, top it with some spiced chickpeas and enjoy!