This Chickpeas And Veggie Curry is my all time favourite curry to eat with rice or any indian flat bread. It is a perfect blend of spices, vegetables and amazing chickpeas. and it is pretty customizable. You can add all your favourite veggies. You can even add indian cottage cheese which is also known as Paneer.
Preparing this Chickpeas And Veggie Curry is very simple and also its a one pot dish. You can use canned chickpeas or you can cook your own. I like to cook my own chickpeas. I soak them for 8-10 hours in warm water and then cook them in pressure cooker. You can enjoy Chickpeas And Veggie Curry with rice or any indian flat bread.
Chickpeas And Veggie Curry Recipe
- 1 Cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 Cups of chopped veggies of your choice
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 4 Medium tomatoes pureed
- 2-4 Cloves of garlic grated.
- 1 Teaspoon turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 Teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 Teaspoons chilli powder
- 1 Teaspoon garam masala
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, onion and garlic. Saute until onions are translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Step 2 Add pureed tomatoes and cook them until oil separates for about 10-12 minutes.
- Step 3 Add all the spices and cook them for 30 seconds.
- Step 4 Add chickpeas and veggies and cook them with all the spices for 1 minute.
- Step 5 Add water and cover the pan and cook the vegetables until they are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Step 6 You can even add coconut milk to add creaminess to the curry.
- Step 7 Stir the curry every few minutes.